This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our
suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the
facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Peartree Cottages
Peartree Cottages are part of an extended Grade11 listed building,
which has connections with the family of William Shakespeare. They are situated
down a short drive,on a level site in the centre of the tourist village Wilmcote
3 miles from Stratford-upon Avon The larger of the two cottages sleeps 4 and is
entirely on the ground floor, it has two bedrooms each with its own ensuite
bathroom with full-size bath and shower over .
The Apple Loft, sleeps 2; it
is all on one level, on the first floor approached by a straight flight of
stairs, it has one bedroom which can be made up as a single or double bed. There
is a shower room ensuite.
Both the Cottages have separate entrances
approached by level paths of slightly uneven stone.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require
any assistance please phone 01789 205889 or email peartree3
- Full details of our location can be found on our
- Wilmcote has a railway station 400metres away. We can meet you
there by arrangement if necessary. A regular hourly service goes to Stratford
5 minutes journey away.
- Less frequent trains leave Wilmcote for Warwick, Leamington Spa,
Birmingham and twice per day direct to London.
- The village is served by a regular half hourly Tourist bus and an
infrequent service bus, from the top of our drive, to
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- We live next door and are always on hand to meet guests and offer
comprehensive information regarding tourist attractions, eating out
- There is parking for at least six cars on a gravelled level area
immediately outside the cottages.
Entrance to Property
- The entrances to both cottages have front doors 790mm/31ins wide;
both are well lit.
- The Acanthus has no step to the front door and one low step to the
- The Apple loft has one step to its entrance and a straight 11 riser
staircase to the then totally level accommodation
- In both cases the floor covering to the entrance is stone flagged
leading to fitted carpeted rooms
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- the Acanthus Cottage has access directly from the entrance hall to
the living room and kitchen, there are no passageways.
- The Apple Loft has a wide straight carpeted staircase with a
handrail on one side, up to a small landing with direct access to living room,
bedroom and kitchen.
- The Acanthus Lounge is entered directly from the outside door.It
has a flag-stone floor with rugs
- It is furnished with two winged easy chairs and a high quality sofa
an antique lowboy and a low coffee table
- A fold down dining table and four-rush seated chairs offers
alternative dining space.
- The Apple Loft Lounge is accessed from the landing through a
710mm/28ins wide door.
- It is furnished as the Acanthus Cottage but without the dining area
which is in the kitchen.
- Both lounges are equipped with digital TV and DVD player and radio.
There are individual central heating controls in both
- The Acanthus Cottage has alternative dining arrangements in the
lounge as described. There is also a breakfast bar and four stools in the
- The Apple Loft dining area is in the spacious kitchen and has a
dining table and four chairs with padded seats.
- Both kitchens have generous worktops, cookers ,microwaves,
refrigerators. freezers, toasters and kettles together with a comprehensive
range of china, utensils and cutlery. In addition the Acanthus Cottage has a
dishwasher. Both kitchens have vinyl floors. The sink and work surfaces are
- As described the Acanthus kitchen has a high breakfast bar with
four adjustable height stools.
- In both cases the doors are 710mm/28ins wide.
- The lighting is by ceiling mounted halogen spotlights
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- Acanthus Cottage has two bedrooms with level access from the lounge
area through 580mm/23ins wide doors
- One room has an antique brass bed and the other twin beds both have
ensuite bath rooms as described.
- The Apple Loft has linked beds that can be either twins or King
- Access to the ensuite shower room is via a door 580mm/23ins
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Acanthus bathrooms have level access from each bedroom as
- Both these rooms have full size tubs with showers overhead and are
fitted with curtains.. NB it is necessary step over the bath side to use the
- There are grab handles in the shower area but no further provision
is made for disabled use of the bath or WC
- The Apple Loft shower room level access from the bedroom as
- The walk-in shower cubicle has a low step .
- Both bathrooms have slip resistant vinyl
- A separate laundry room serving both Cottages is located
conveniently outside the building.
- It is equipped with a full size washing machine and tumble
- Outside in the garden are clothes lines for guests'
- The garden extends to three quarters of an acre.
- It has lawns and flower beds at different levels.
- Garden tables, parasols and chairs are provide on the same level as
the Cottage entrances.
- Other furniture, including shaded benches, are provided elsewhere
in the grounds.
- The appearance of the building is controlled by its status of
Grade11 listing and the interior decor is generally bright and
- There is free access to our WiFi system.
- Sadly due to the age of the building and restrictions imposed by
its listing, there are no immediate plans to improve
- The Acanthus Cottage has been used successfully by wheel chair
bound guests but it is not ideal due to the restricted access to the
- The Apple Loft, due to its location on the first floor, is not
recommended for severely disabled occupants
Tree Cottage , Church Road, Wilmcote, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37
58N 1.45 23 52 W
taxis Stratford -upon-Avon